Monday, April 16, 2012

Nutella Craze

We're 2 weeks from finals here, and that means stress baking and more blog posts.  My current fascination is Nutella and whatever I can put it on or in.  First, Michael and I made Nutella cookies and Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies. The straight Nutella ones were delicious. I tried to steal them all but Michael caught me. The Peanut Butter ones are alright, but if you spread them with Nutella, they are awesome.

That's probably a good estimate for how many I ate...


 Our next adventure, that caused some burns in the kitchen last night, were Nutella Cream Cheese Swirled Brownies.  We baked with one of Michael's roommates, Jake, in one of the least well stocked kitchens.  That should seriously be a TV show. Bake something in a kitchen that doesn't have the proper utensils. Seriously, I used a fruit bowl as a mixing bowl... and they didn't have a 1/4 cup measuring cup, so we had to do tablespoons instead. Needless to say I'll be glad to be back in my own kitchen baking tonight.
Jake with his tbsp earring of pain.
These brownies were seriously worth driving across campus to raid my kitchen for ingredients and avoiding homework for a little bit. I mean look at these things!
I will say that making them, most of the ingredients looked like poop. But it's okay, because it's not poop, it's brownies. And brownies are delicious.  Word of caution: let them cool before you try to eat them. I burnt my hand and my mouth because I was over-excited and so did the guys.

See ya'll soon with some Samoas!
-Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment