Monday, May 9, 2011

Wedding Cupkakes

So you saw the wedding invitation posted earlier by Kate. The wedding was yesterday, ordained by me, over Skype with Steph and Kate in the room and Emily at her house. It was beautiful, and the three are happily married now. What lovely wives.

But Kate got to my house early in the day. Steph always hands me food when I show up, so it was time to return the "favor". Kate and I baked butterbeer cupcakes before Steph got here, and they were deliciousness. q!

Have you ever had butterbeer? Butterbeer cupcakes? You should. We got the recipe from here, and I highly advise you do the same.

It consists of a butterscotch ganache injected into the cupcakes along with mixed into the icing along with drizzled over the cupcakes. This is really my favorite part of this recipe, as I talk about this part all the time. You could melt down chocolate or white chocolate instead of butterscotch chips, and then you'd have a delicious white chocolate ganache... Mmmm... White chocolate ganache would be really delicious right now.

Also discovered that apples dipped in this is delicious (which makes Steph sad cause she can't eat apples) and it can be mixed into frappuccino nicely (which Steph loved lots).

These were used as the wedding cupcakes, but we never really had a moment of cutting the cake or anything. Everyone enjoyed it nonetheless, and we advise you try this recipe as well.

Happy nomming,

Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment